Qualifications: B Sc. Computer Science and Psychology (UCT), BSoc Science (hons) (NWU), Masters in IT (UP), MA Clinical Psychology (WITS)
Languages : English, Setswana, isizulu, Sepedi and Sesotho.
I started my journey as a lay trauma councillor in Douglass Dale and did community volunteer work while I was working as a Project Manager in the ICT industry. I completed my Masters in Clinical Psychology at the University of the Witwatersrand (WITS).
I completed my internship at the Child Psychiatric unit at Chris Hani Barangwanath Hospital, gaining experience in child play therapy, parent counselling and psychometric assessments; and at the Psychotherapy unit (Ward 4/5) at Tara Moross Hospital working with individuals with mood, anxiety, personality disorders/traits, difficulties with coping skills and emotional dysregulation. My community service year was completed at Psychotherapy unit (Ward 4/5) at Tara. I ran DBT, parenting programmes, Life skills, family support, interpersonal groups and Psychotherapy for patients. I am currently in private practice and doing sessional work at Tara Psychiatric Hospital in Sandton.
I am passionate about helping individuals to integrate, and function optimally through providing an emotionally supportive space. I use Psychodynamic, DBT and BWRT therapies.
My areas of interest include
• Mood disorders
• Anxiety disorders
• Depressive disorders
• Personality disorders/traits (including self-sabotage, self-harm, sense of identity difficulties)
• Support therapy for various medical and psychiatric conditions (including conversion disorders,
schizophrenia, TLE etc)
• Adjusting to life transitions (work, marriage, parenting, loss, trauma etc)
• Addiction recovery support
• Relationship difficulties
I offer the following services
• Long term and short term Individual Psychotherapy
• Play therapy for children (5 to 13)
• Support groups (DBT, trauma, grieving, parenting etc)
• Psychological Assessments
• Parent Counselling
• Corporate wellness interventions
It’s easy to live on autopilot and feel like life is just happening to us. Often we deny our realities and avoid our emotions to the detriment of our mental and emotional wellbeing. Therapy can help us to improve insight into our behaviours, to allow us to make the necessary changes and to live a more meaningful life. I believe in a multi-disciplinary integrated approach that can include but not limited to therapy, medication, exercise, nutrition, spiritual and/or traditional interventions, to help individuals, families, and corporates to adapt and thrive in an ever changing world.
MERITING THERAPY CENTRE Copyright © 2016.